How to Order a Prescription
Need to order a prescription? You can:
- EMAIL - Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ONLINE - Use an online pharmacy service
- DROP IN - Tick the item(s) on your list and post it through the surgery letterbox
- ONLINE - Order via the NHS App
- VISIT - Speak to your Pharmacy to request your regular medication
Please note: We cannot take repeat prescription requests over the telephone with the exception of elderly or very young patients.
Your GP surgery does not automatically issue repeat prescriptions for you and cannot issue medication any quicker than the time stated, even if you consider it as urgent.
It is your responsibility to ensure you have enough medication, ordering within plenty of time so you don't run out.
Although we aim to have prescriptions ready within this time scale, your local Pharmacy may have their own policy on collection times, once they have received the prescription from us.
Registering for Internet Prescription Request
To register for the Internet Prescription Request system, please bring your photographic evidence (e.g. driving licence with photo or passport) to either Old Basing or Odiham Surgery. We will then print details to enable you to register to order your repeat prescriptions via the internet.
Prescriptions are now signed, sent and processed electronically.
You choose a pharmacy or dispenser to dispense all your prescriptions. When you get a prescription, it will be sent electronically to the dispenser you have chosen. You can collect then your medicines or appliances or they will be delivered dependent on the dispenser you have chosen without having to hand in a paper prescription.
Paper prescriptions will continue to be available in special circumstances, but almost all prescriptions will be processed electronically.
Medication reviews are important.
They help us to provide you with the correct on-going treatment and to monitor your condition.
Many reviews can now be completed or part completed by the patient using our HEALTH PODS in the waiting areas which feedbacks the results to your clinician.
Some reviews can often be done by telephone, others need you to attend the surgery.
Get in touch with our reception team who can help you.
In some situations, we are not allowed to issue prescriptions on the NHS. A private prescription will then be issued for which a charge may be payable and you will pay the full cost of the medication at the pharmacy.
If you have seen a specialist on a private basis and have been given a private prescription, we cannot convert the prescription into an NHS one.
Need a Pharmacy?
Click here to: Find a Pharmacy Near You
- Touchwood Pharmacy, Odiham - provide a prescription collection service.
- Boots Pharmacy, Hook - provide a prescription collection & delivery service for the elderly.
- Whitewater Pharmacy, Hook - provide an extended hours prescription collection service.
- Day Lewis Pharmacy, attached to the surgery - provide a prescription collection & delivery service for the elderly.
- Boots Pharmacy, Chineham - provide an extended hours prescription collection & delivery service for the elderly.
- Tesco in-store Pharmacy, Chineham - provide an extended hours prescription collection service.
Help with Prescription Fees
There's a simple way to find out if you're eligible for free NHS prescriptions and any help with other NHS costs.
This was launched February 2023 and costs £19.30 for 12 months.
It will cover all your eligible HRT prescriptions for that period, no matter how many different medicines you need. There’s no limit on the number of HRT prescription items you can get with it while it’s valid.
You’ll save money if you’re going to buy more than 2 prescription items in 12 months.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line