Did you know you can now book telephone
and face to face appointments online or
via the 'NHS App' on your smartphone or tablet?ocal Pharmacy Prescription Services
Click here to: Find a pharmacy near you
- Lloyds Pharmacy, Odiham - provide a prescription collection service.
- Boots Pharmacy, Hook - provide a prescription collection & delivery service for the elderly.
- Whitewater Pharmacy, Hook - provide an extended hours prescription collection service.
- Day Lewis Pharmacy, attached to the surgery - provide a prescription collection & delivery service for the elderly.
- Boots Pharmacy, Chineham - provide an extended hours prescription collection & delivery service for the elderly.
- Tesco in-store Pharmacy, Chineham - provide an extended hours prescription collection service.
From 1 April 2018, the charges are:
- Prescription (per item): £8.80
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £104.00
- 3-month PPC: £29.10
If you have to pay for 4 or more prescription items in 3months, or more than 14 items in 12months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC. The charge for a single prescription item is £8.80, whereas a 3month PPC will cost you £29.10 and a 12 month PPC £104.00.
What Entitles You to Free Prescriptions?
The NHS will cover the cost of your prescription if you are:
- 60 or over.
- Under 16.
- 16, 17 or 18 and in qualifying full-time education.
The NHS will cover the cost of your prescriptions if, at the time the prescription is dispensed, you're included in an award of:
- Income Support.
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance paid on its own or with contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance.
- Pension credit or/and Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit and/or Working Tax Credit
- Maternity - while pregnant or within 12 months of having a baby.
- Medical - if you have a qualifying medical condition.
- NHS Tax Credit exemption Certificate
- HC2 Certifate - NHS Low Income Scheme certificate for full help with medical costs.
- War pension exemption certificate - covering the cost of prescriptions relating to your accepted disability
For full information on the above please visit the following websites:
Department for Work and Pensions: www.gov.uk/dwp
Exemption certificates, the NHS Low Income Scheme and prescription prepayment certificates: www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/healthcosts
Prescription and dental charges, eye care, healthcare travel, wigs and fabric support costs: www.nhs.uk/helthcosts
Medicine WastageOnline AcewsOnline