This practice aims to provide the highest quality health care available under the NHS to all its patients, with a trained and motivated primary health care team; in a well organised, modern and friendly setting.
The Practice Values
- Patients’ medical conditions will be managed according to the highest standards as defined by the profession. You will be referred for specialist and other care whenever appropriate.
- Patients will be treated with compassion, courtesy and consideration by all our staff.
- Patients will receive appropriate information about their condition and treatment, and will be involved at all times in decision making.
- The practice will endeavour to educate patients on health care matters whenever possible.
- Doctors, nurses and staff will all be encouraged to pursue appropriate further training and learning throughout their careers.
- The practice will strive for excellence and invest in the future of general practice by training doctors on the Wessex Deanery rotation.
The Patients Responsibilities
- Patients should attend their appointments at the arranged time. If this is not possible they should inform the surgery as soon as possible.
- Following the course of treatment which you have agreed with your clinician. If you are unhappy with any proposed treatment, please say so.
- We expect that patients will understand that appointments are for one person only. Additional appointments should be made if more than one person wishes to be seen.
- Requests for help and advice for non-urgent matters should be made during surgery hours only.
- We ask that patients treat the staff and doctors with courtesy and respect.
- The Practice follows the NHS Policy of Zero Tolerance towards violence or abuse against NHS staff; offending persons can be de-registered and prosecuted.
- Please inform us if you change your name, address or telephone number, so that we can keep your records up to date.
- We value feedback, whether good or not so good.
- We support the NHS Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Violent actions [physical or verbal] will be reported to the Police.
- Violent Patients will be removed from the Practice List immediately.
- Verbal abuse will not be tolerated. Patients will be written to and invited to discuss the alleged abuse with the Senior Partner. Hopefully the issue can be resolved amicably to all persons involved. Repeated abusive behaviour will result in the patient being removed from the Practice List.
You may wish to have someone present with you during your consultation or treatment. This person may be a friend, family member or a member of our staff. Please let reception know if you wish a member of our staff to accompany you. We are very happy to accommodate your wishes, but please note that the person attending will hear everything that is said. Our staff are bound by confidentiality not to disclose any information to any other person.